WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ISSUE 1
ISSUE 1 WILL APPEAR ON THE AUGUST 8TH, 2023 BALLOT
- On August 8, the only thing on your ballot will be Issue 1 to permanently end majority rule in Ohio.
- A yes vote is a vote to end majority rule
- A no vote defends majority rule and the sacred principle of ‘one person, one vote’
- Early in-person and absentee voting begins on July 11
- Election Day is Tuesday, August 8. Polls will be open from 6:30am until 7:30pm.
ISSUE 1 IS A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT TO PERMANENTLY END MAJORITY RULE IN OHIO
Politicians and special interests deliberately wrote Issue 1 to be confusing. If an issue needs 60% to pass, what that really means is that 40% of voters can veto the will of the majority on any issue. That means a small number of people can overrule the majority of citizens on any issue.
MAJORITY RULE HAS BEEN THE LAW IN OHIO FOR MORE THAN 100 YEARS
Issue 1 restricts your freedom and takes away our rights. It permanently shreds our Constitution, ends majority rule in Ohio and takes away your right to decide what happens here by undermining the sacred principle of ‘one person, one vote.’ Keeping a simple majority as it’s been for more than 100 years is just common sense.
ISSUE 1 WAS WRITTEN TO TRICK YOU
The politicians and special interests pushing Issue 1 have admitted that their proposal has errors and mistakes — but they say that doesn’t matter. They know that you do not want to give away your rights, so they are trying to trick voters into supporting their radical proposal. And you don’t have to take our word for it:
- The Plain Dealer: The Statehouse con on selling Issue 1 in the Aug. 8 election, exposed
- The Columbus Dispatch: What is the danger of Ohio Issue 1 on the August 8 ballot?
- Fox News: Ohio Supreme Court orders rewrite of constitutional amendment ballot language
SPECIAL INTERESTS BOUGHT THE AUGUST 8 SPECIAL ELECTION
Nearly $2 million in special interest lobbying and $20 million in taxpayer money: That’s what it cost special interests to buy their own special election on August 8. They wanted a low turnout special election to control the result. And on August 8, the only thing on your ballot will be Issue 1 to permanently end majority rule in Ohio. They’ve spent millions to buy the election — and are still spending — to take away your rights.